It's a funny thing, this Christmas season of yours. Strange, really. With your lights and your trees all tinselly. (Fun stuff to play in, by the way!) It's just odd how on one hand, you've got to give and give and yet in reality you're just taking and taking from someone else who had to make the stuff in the first place. I mean, I guess they are giving, too, but shouldn't we be giving all year? When my little brother wants a huge dragonfly or something, I don't say "nope, sorry little guy, you're gonna have to wait until Christmas for me to be in a giving mood." Of course not! I just do it. And sure, sometimes I don't because I'm tired or grumpy. But maybe that's why we need Christmas--to get us out of that tired or grumpy state and just give. Give something all wrapped up in gold and silver and tinselly bows.
And look on the bright side: at least if it's a rotten gift, it still looks pretty!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment